Monday, November 21, 2005

The Poseidon mis-adventure

When I was a kid I used to love disaster movies. They would combine drama and suspense with characterization in a way that would make for good mindless entertainment. One of my favorites was The Poseidon Adventure. A story of a cruise ship capsized by a freak wave, and the ensuing fight for survival by a group of desperate passengers as they try to get out of an upside down ship that is slowly sinking. Last night NBC did a TV remake of the 1972 masterpiece. Almost everything followed the 1972 story line except for one glaring difference. NBC's cruise ship Poseidon wasn't flipped over by a freak wave but by a terrorist bomb snuck on board by a couple of brown guys. The protagonist in NBC's movie was a Homeland Security agent which I found hilarious. I wonder why they didn't pick something else to flip the ship that was in the news recently - like a FREAK WAVE. Anyways I guess thats the reality of post 9-13 America or was that 9-11....

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Asif said...

comment pass korte parlam na out of fear factor...

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get over it. Bush has.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your blog was cool and thought you may want to check out this link http://www.fugly.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counters